Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Polar Freeze!

Yes, you read that right. We are experiencing "global cooling" here in NW Ohio. Today it's only supposed to be 80 degrees and lower humidity! Hallelujah! I hope to take the girls to the park, after we hit the library.

We had a really nice weekend around here. Saturday was just a "stick around the house and not to a whole lot" kind of day. After dinner to took a "ride" in the car (do you remember doing that with your grandparents? I loved that...) and wound up at one of our favorite ice cream places out near our airport. They have this fabulous chocolate crunch dip (which is just chocolate dip with rice krispies in it) and then they dip your whole ice cream cone it. Yum!

Sunday we had Rob's family over for a cookout, and we celebated my birthday and my BIL's bday together. Rob and I have developed a nice little system for entertaining. He does the cooking, and I do the cleaning/table set up/etc. Now, why did it take us 12 years to figure this out? I used to get SO stressed out everytime we would have people over, trying to do everything. He loves to cook, and is a REALLY good cook, so why not just let him do it? I'm so lucky to have him!!

Unfortunately, before everyone came over, I started getting a migraine. I had to lie down for a while but managed to get up and catch the last half of dinner. Things were okay until they were ready to leave. It came back with full force...head, stomach, the whole shabang. I was up half the night and can still feel remnants of it today. Anyone have a good solution for these things?

Okay, I'm off to get beautiful before we go on our excursions. Have a great day!

No comments: