Sunday, August 27, 2006

Blogger...ARGH!!

I've been trying to post a new message on here for the past several days and Blogger has not been cooperating with me!! Imagine me making that kind of growling, pirate type sound right now...ARGH! At least it worked this time!

So what have I been doing this week? Hmmm...can I remember? One highlight was Thursday. I took the girls to their "meet the teacher and see the classroom" day at their school. I think I was more excited than they were! They did great. When I took them into the room, they pretty much started playing right away and hardly noticed when all the parents left to go have the meeting with the main teacher. *Sniff* I guess my little girls are growing up. Hmpf.

This weekend we were supposed to go to our area's annual German American Festival, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. I think the humidity today is about 99.99% and it's drizzling right now...yuck! It's too bad, 'cause it's a really fun event. Our neighbors dance in the German dancing club and it's so much fun to go watch. And of course my girls love to watch the big girls twirl around in their German dancing dresses. Maybe next year...

Rob has been working like a maniac all week, getting ready for school to start. He's a night owl, so if he needs to work on a server problem or whatnot, he'll come home for dinner and then go back, but he stays until 2-3 am! The other night he went in to find a backup server actually smoking! Not good. But at least we live close to church.

So this week the girls start school on Tuesday. I'll have my camera in hand and will most likely be shedding a few tears, along with all the other moms in the hallway. Maybe I should arrange for us all to go to breakfast or something.

Speaking of breakfast, I have a dear friend in Texas who also has twins who will be starting preschool this year. She suggested we arrange a "champagne breakfast" and chat over the phone while relishing our newfound quiet time. Isn't that great? I'm afraid it won't be a regular thing, though, as she is probably going back to work soon. Bummer.

New product this week...check it out at my store at 1 Hour Scrap.



And some new layouts...

Credits: Something Girly kit by Jeannie Papai; Fonts: Times New Roman, Trebuchet MS


Credits: Boyish Charm kit and Layered Sketch (from Set #4) by Jeannie Papai; Font: OliJo



Credits: Young and Carefree kit by Amy Knepper, available at The Digi Chick Font: MA Flirty


Credits: Vintage Vashon by Amy Knepper, available August 31 at The Digi Chick.
Font: Note This


That's all folks...have a great week!

3 comments:

jane said...

ain't it sad when those little ones head off without us and just don't give a darn? victoria is starting a new school this year so im pretty nervous for her too. Blogger is always acting up! we were probably ARGGHing at the same time, hehe. fab layouts and neat template..had no idea that you were selling!! :)

Meredith said...

i've been "argghing" with you and jane! :) i LOVE your new templates! they are so cute! and i know what you mean about kids not caring when their parents leave. hannah just turned 2 this week and when i drop her off at the church nursery she doesn't even say goodbye. they were switching classrooms to have their lesson today and i was walking down the hallway. she saw me and my husband and said "I have to go to my lesson now." they grow up and away so darn fast!

Dawn's Daily Dish said...

Hey Michelle,

Are you looking for another house?? I read the one scrapbook page that you did! By the way - you do a fantastic job. They cancelled my surgery because someone miss coded my insurance pre authorization. I am currently waiting for a phone call to see what they are going to do.