Tuesday, August 29, 2006

First Day of School!

Well, we made it through the first day. Woohoo! Everything went very smoothly. Uh, well, almost everything. We had the outfits laid out last night. The backpacks were packed. Rob came down early this morning and made the coffe, emptied the dishwasher and got out all the breakfast stuff. We were even running early. Rob kissed all of us goodbye and went off to school We were right behind him.

But.....









I LOCKED US OUT OF THE HOUSE!!!!


What an idiot I am! I was so hyper about taking the girls' pictures on the front porch for the first day that I forgot to take my keys as I shut the door behind us. DUH!!! Good think school is only 7 minutes away. I called Rob and he came home to let me back in. I kept apologizing and thanking him. He's such a good guy. He never said a negative word, and didn't yell at me (which I deserved for sure!).

The girls went right into their classroom without incident. There was one little girl in their class who was just wailing. I felt so sorry for her, and for her parents. They were loitering out in the hallway, waiting to see what she would do. That would be so tough.

I had intentions of coming home to clean, clean, clean, but instead I went to Panera to drink coffee with two friends of mine who were also dropping off their kids in the same class. I think I'll clean on Thursday...LOL!

Here is a layout I did of their orientation meeting last week:

Credits: RAKScraps August 06 Mega kit: BG paper and ribbon by Jan Bolton, Notebook paper and binder rings by Kim Jensen; Scrapdish August 06 Mega Kit Add-On Kit: Corkboard alpha by Rachel Dickson, Binder backing - paper by Correen Silke; Scotch tape and crayons by Christina Bartholomew from her School Days kit, available at SBE; Date-It tag pack by Mindy Wade at Plain Digital Wrapper


Now of course I have the photos I took this morning, and already have a layout ready to plop them into. I'll post those tomorrow.

Okay, enough blogging time...gotta go fold laundry and thaw some chicken for dinner. I'm going to make Chicken Paprikas tonight. Yum!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Oh too funny about locking yourself out of the house! I know, not at the time for you ;) I'm grateful we have a key pad on the garage door so I don't have to worry about that usually (unless one of the kids locked the door into the house from the garage...)
I've always been so glad that my kids have gone to school with excitement and anticipation. I'm glad your girls have been enjoying it. Are they in the same class? Mine were for K and 1st grade, but were split up last year. They've been good with that, even though it wasn't my choice, and have enjoyed having some time apart during the school day.
Your templates look great!