Monday, August 20, 2007

Oh Fiddlesticks!

Daily Something: Don't speed...it's very expensive!!!

Rob is working tons of hours this week, so this afternoon he came home for lunch and stayed for a couple of hours, since he'll be working very late tonight. He entertained the girls for a while, which was a nice break since it has been raining all day here and I can't send them outside to play.

I thought he had left to go back to work, but he returned about two minutes to hand me a piece of paper. It had several photos of his car, speeding along a road close to here. One of the city's intersection cameras got lucky and caught me going 62 mph in a 50 mph zone. Drat!! Turns out it was last Tuesday night, while I was on my way to Barnes and Noble to enjoy my night out. I'm so mad at myself! I've gone 19 years without a speeding ticket, until now. Rob, being the kind-hearted man that he is, just couldn't stop laughing at me. At least he's not mad. But $95 for a trip to B & N is a bit pricey, don't you think? Good thing I've had a record month in digi sales this month! LOL

We survived the FFO on Saturday. The girls really enjoyed playing with their cousins, who are almost 3 and 16 months old. The day was relaxed and the weather was absolutely perfect. It couldn't have gone better.

Yesterday we met Uncle Brian (in from California), Mom and Dad at COSI. I think Brian enjoyed it almost as much as the girls did...it was cute. Afterward, we had leftovers at Mom and Dad's house (another night off from cooking, yay!). Brian gave the girls their belated birthday presents - LeapPad Reading and Writing and a globe. They are going to be complete brainiacs with all these educational toys!

Well, right now it's 4:56pm and I've almost run out of ways to entertain the girls inside. We had done the Leap Pads, colored, PlayDoh, computer games, they helped with laundry, and right now they are playing drums and a mini-keyboard. Don't know how much longer I can take that!

Later!

2 comments:

Carol said...

$95 is cheap now for a speeding ticket. Here in VA, they didn't think a couple hundred dollars was enough, so they just passed a law to charge up to $3550 for a speeding ticket! Yikes!

T-Wan said...

Umm electronic speeding things in Oh please tell me they aren't anywhere near the turnpike. I normally stay on 75 when I'm going from Detroit to Cleveland but occassionally I venture off the interstate to find stuff.