Thursday, August 09, 2007

Lost and Found

Daily Something
It is extremely annoying to lose electricity for four minutes during a thunderstorm. I am completely dependent on it! But, it is thrilling to find my calendar, after wondering where it has been for nine days (should have opened that drawer last week...)

Daily Something Layout from 8/8/07 (yeah, it's weird...)

Daily something brush by Ali Edwards
Paper by Carrie Stephens
Alpha by Krista Mettler
Tape and bubble wrap by Dana Fran
Paint drips by Jessica Bolton
Font: Childish Alpha, Eight Fifteen

Ramblings
We are going to the art museum today, since it is supposed to rain and storm all day. They have a really cool family center there, with one room full of toys like blocks, puzzles, pretending stuff, a water table, etc. The other room is the art room, where they have every kind of recycled material you'd ever want for the kids to make "masterpieces" (Heidi's name for her creations). Gretchen really enjoyed painting on the easel last time.

Rob is taking tomorrow off, so I can have some time to myself. I guess he figures he should, since I had a giant meltdown last night right before he left for hockey. He only plays once a week, and normally I don't care at all, but he was out of town Friday through late Monday night, and then Tuesday night we went to my parents' house for my birthday dinner. I feel bad for it now, but what can I say...it was day 27 of "the cycle" and I was psycho! LOL He has been gone a lot lately, and it just gets old.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

I hope you have a good time at the museum with the girls today, and enjoy your night out. I really could use one of those myself. I've 'been there, done that' with the meltdown aspect, and unfortunately sometimes that is what it takes for them to realize you could use a little time away.

Anonymous said...

The museum sounds really cool! Hope you have fun!

And hope you enjoy your me time tomorrow. I'm pretty much a homebody, but I have a few things that get me out of the house on a semi-regular basis, which I think helps keep me sane! :)