Sunday, July 08, 2007

Happy Birthday USA!

The 4th of July is my favorite holiday, and this year did not disappoint. To start the day we headed down to Harvard Circle to join in the annual celebration which is geared towards kids. Some friends of ours, who are normally out of town on the 4th, came along with us, and it worked out so well. They have a 4 year old girl and a 20 month old boy, and the girls all decorated their bikes to ride in the little bike parade around the circle. It was so cute! They also had their faces painted, got tattoos, ate popsicles and popcorn, visited with Mister the horse and had Cookie the clown make them little balloon animals.

After the festivities, we had a BBQ at our house. The kids played and we had way too much food (which is always a good thing!) and we had a blast. I found myself missing my pool. See, we used to have an inground pool, before the kids. Once I got pregnant, we had it filled in, because it literally took up our entire backyard. It was too much of a risk having little ones around.

When you are the one with the pool, it's always easy to get people to come over. LOL There was one especially fun 4th that involved swimming and smoke bombs. Too bad I don't have photos of that one!

I have a whole blog to do about the trip Rob and took, but that will be another day. I just spent the past two hours trying to get the girls to go to sleep, and looking for a well-loved sheep that was lost for an hour of that time. Sigh. It's time for a glass of wine...

No comments: