Friday, February 02, 2007

Pricey tootin'!

No, it's not the tooting you are thinking of...it isn't about passing gas or tooting my own horn. I'm talking about the flute kind...ya know, tooting a flute? LOL

I was a music major in college (music education, to be exact) and after the first semester, my flute teacher said I would need a new flute. She had referred to my current flute as being good enough to use as a lamppost! So my parents graciously purchased a "professional" level instrument for me. It has served me well over the years, as I've never needed any work done. But I finally decided that it probably needs a good cleaning an adjustment.

Well guess what? It's going to cost a minimum of $260!! AACK!!! When did these kinds of things get soooooo expensive? Back when Rob and I were both working full time, that would have been nothing. But now? That's my utility bill for a month!! Guess my flute is going to have to go on tootin' in it's diminished capacity for a while.

~ CHA Chicago, July 2007 ~
Oh my word...I soooo want to go to this! After seeing the pictures of all the digi girls meeting each other in CA last week, I was wishing I could have gone too. It appears to be a bit of a process to even apply to get in, but it's worth a shot! Lots of people live within a reasonable drive of Chicago, and it would be fun to see everyone in person. Toni Berman thinks she might go, which would be so cool, since I'm on her CT!! And now that we have friends who recently moved to the Chicago area, I could see them too. :-)

~ New Alpha ~


I just put this in my store in PDW...isn't it fun? It took me forever to get this one right...tons of tweeking. It was pretty fun to make though. Grab it here!

~ Weekend Plans ~
Tonight I'm supposed to get together with some girlfriends to celebrate a birthday, tomorrow is brunch with the in-laws and then it's anything goes. It's supposed to be very cold (sub zero wind chills) so I'm thinking we'll be cuddled up reading books and watching shows.

1 comment:

Robin said...

I TOTALLY want to got to CHA too! I'm waiting to find about another trip I have to go on for a baptism, but hopefully that will be worked out soon and I can figure out if I can go! We should get all the girlies to go out there!!!!!!