Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Another week

~ Drained ~
Here I am blogging again when I should be doing laundry or something. I'm so drained from taking the kids to school this morning that I'm rewarding myself my blogging. I know, I know...not something my mom would have done, and that's why her house is always in perfect order. Oh well.

Gretchen had a major hissy fit as soon as she got up today. Didn't want to go potty, brush her teeth, get dressed...nothing. Heidi of course got all ready and had breakfast before Gretchen came down, in her mismatched shirt and pants along with her robe and slippers. I actually had to carry her to the car, just like that. She even walked into the school building like that, before she realized that the other kids might laugh at her. She took off the robe, threw the slippers down the hallway and gave me the "evil cartoon character face". I so wish I could capture that on film, but everytime I try she covers her face. Anyway, I convinced her to put her tennis shoes on, but had to carry her into the classroom. She ran back out, crying, and I had to do it two more times (picture Super Nanny) before the teacher finally grabbed her.

I am at my wits end with her. She is just so angry all the time, saying nasty things, hitting Heidi, sassing off to me, getting frustrated. A little girl shouldn't have to feel like that. I need help but I don't know where to find it. Please pray that God will lead me to someone who can be helpful with this situation.

~ Valpo ~
At least we had a great weekend. Rob had meetings in Valporaiso, Indiana (about 4 hours away) so we tagged along. Some dear friends from Chicago drove down to meet us, and we all got to hang out in the hotel together. We ate at Culver's, this delightful place with "butter burgers" and homemade custard, went swimming, and got to catch up. They have 4 kids, so the 6 of them together was quite a site. Their kids are 8, 6 and 3 (twins). Here's a layout I did on the way home yesterday:

Credits: Paper, ribbons, heart, staples from Rebel Rock Add-On kit, Sequin strip from Rebel Rock, Embroidered Alpha, Stamp the Day
All by Toni Berman at [url=http://toniberman.com/shoppe]Toni Berman Designs[/url]; Get Reel by Manda Bean; KGD TaraF Script font

The highlight of my day today is that tonight I'm going to get my hair done. I think I'm changing the color and style again...I need a makeover!! I'll post a picture tomorrow of my new look.

Ciao!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Mish, I know exactly what you are going through with her- Brenna is the exact same way. It started when she was two. We have no idea what to do with her other than wait it out. We have almost a year and half before she goes to school still. She has been slowing improving, but I don't know if that is going to be enough time; I don't think that they would be pleased to have her there if she throws her fits because she doesn't get her way or doesn't want to do something on a regular basis. We wonder where our sweet little girl went. Her attitude is spilling over onto the potty training thing and I am getting so frustrated with her over that too!
Sorry no help for you, but you can at least know you aren't alone ;)