Wednesday, September 06, 2006

School shoes

~~ Time to shop ~~
Do you remember going shopping for school clothes and shoes as a kid? I sure do. I was really spoiled. I used to go with my Grammy (great grandma), Ma (grandma) and mom each fall. All three of them are only children, and I just have one brother, so you can imagine the amount of clothes I would receive. We used to go to this little place called "The Moppet Shop" in a small town nearby. I was always so well dressed!

Now...with my girls it's a completely different story. We don't exactly have the funds to be running around buying clothes at upscale stores, so I shop garage sales and K-Mart! LOL Apparently my mom felt it was time to step in when I told her Heidi didn't have any dress shoes and wore her "high heel" princess dress up shoes to church on Sunday (remember, she's only 4). But hey, if she wants to buy them shoes...I'm not going to stop her!!

We started at K-Mart and found some for Heidi, but none in Gretchen's size. Figures. Then it was on to Target where we found some for Gretchen. We just got black paten leathers, but then they wanted to try on the sparkly red "Dorothy" shoes too. Those went on the list for Santa. LOL Mom couldn't resist getting them each a Halloween shirt with a little sparkly bat on the front too. After lunch at McDonald's it was time to come home. I really like having Mom back in town. :-)

I finished this layout for Tiff Brady's contest on her blog. I think it came out cute, and it's a little different than the stuff I normally do, especially since it's a square!


Credits:
Random Scraps elements by Tiffany Brady

Background paper by Maya of Scrapbookgraphics.com
Sketch by Gina Miller (September blog freebie)
Machine stitching by Christina Bartholomew
Hand stamped alpha by Michelle Coleman
Date-It tag by Mindy Wade


I have a new album ready to go into my store at 1 Hour Scrap...it's an 8x8 (yes, another square shape...what it wrong with me?). Hopefully it will be up in the next day or two.

Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

Meredith said...

this is adorable! i love tiff's stuff. it's really cute! and i see that it won a prize over there! congrats! it's gorgeous!