Saturday, September 16, 2006

I'm done...

...reading about all the drama in the digiscrapping world. Over. Finished.

*** DISCLAIMER *** PMS **** WARNING ****

You are wondering what I'm talking about? Go on over to DST. Check it out for yourself. But I wouldn't recommend it. There was a thread there a few days ago about the digi world being oversaturated with designers. People basically started getting on their high horses talking about how great they were and how a lot of designers should not be selling because their work is low quality. It got pretty heated. One designer even said some of the kits she has seen "made me want to gag". How rude and unprofessional is that? Needless to say, I won't ever be buying from her.

Then tonight I'm reading the blog of a designer I've been following for a while. I like her stuff, but then, I like other people's stuff too. She is doing a guest CT call but is going to chose who gets in just by watching their activity at DST. It's as if it's the greatest privilege in the world to even be on her team for just one month. *Sigh* I'm sorry, but please get over yourself.

I guess I wonder how things went from a bunch of ladies who like to scrapbook, and use their computers to do it...to...a bunch of little girls in cliques who all think they are better than everyone else.

I just going to be taking a step back from the community aspect of this digiscrapping world for a while. I take things to personally that I know I can't handle it. This whole competitive designer stuff has stolen the joy out of scrapping for me. I did manage to finish a couple of layouts this weekend, and it was fun to just scrap, if for no other reason than to do it because I like it.

This first one is just a fun layout about the joy of pizza:

Credits: Whimsey papers and elements, and Slop Alpha by Tiffany Brady
at Plain Digital Wrapper; font = Michelle Marker


Here's a cute picture of Gretchen after she licked all the ice cream and cake off her plate at a family party:

Credits: Kate by Jen Wilson, Template by Melinda Staley, Font: LB Marci, Atomic Cupcake Inked Edges action


Now here is the most exciting one: how cool am I as a brand new 7th grader?? Check out the pin striped jeans, jean jacket (denim on denim would be a fashion disaster now days) and the Trapper Keeper.

Credits: Chocolate Swirls by Sue Bond Hand Stamped Alphas by Michelle Coleman Font: Shelton


And last but not least, my sweet Heidi, who since her 4th birthday has developed a bit of an...


Credits: Birthday Doodles kit by Tracy Blankenship
Fonts: Times New Roman, Stamp Act
Sketch by Robin Cabana
Atomic Cupcake Pristine Chipboard action


That should do it for now...gotta get some sleep. Church tomorrow, then bathroom painting, then another church service...it wears me out just thinking about it. Nite nite!


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, Mish, I hope you aren't feeling too bad! Sometimes taking a break is needed. I actually unsubscribed from the blog of that popular designer you speak of a few weeks ago, because her blog and following just weren't edifying for me. So I definitely understand where you're coming from!! But your layouts are SO very cute - I love the Attitude one!! {{{hugs}}}

Anonymous said...

Oh Mish, your layouts are too cute! I especially love Attitude!! ROFL She'll outgrow it, eventually!

Regarding perusing the forums over there, you know what I say: skip over the crap and focus on the beauty!! Try not to take it too personally - hang in there hon!

Big hugs,

Raji said...

Awesome Layouts! love them, esp. the attitude. I got angry too reading that thread, some people just think too high of themselves & I just don't read the blog you are talking about anymore, I've had enough from her.

Meredith said...

so glad i'm not the only one sick of all the bickering & sniping. i can't believe i actually read all 26 pages of that post. what a waste! but you know me, i just had to throw in my $.02. And I have never even bothered with that designer or her blog. Her stuff is cute, but way out of my dollar-store budget! :)

I love your layouts! They are too cute! :) I love the one with Robin's sketch!

Anonymous said...

Glad I found you Mish!! Cute layouts, and well, we've discussed alot of the other stuff already, LOL!

Tracy Blankenship said...

you know...I have been kind of quiet and out of it lately. so many ppl emailing me asking me what is up.

I, too, am tired of the crapola...excuse my language

when I found this community (meanign digi scrapping) I was so enthralled with the love and support everyone gave each other....but man has that changed. I finally decided to not hang at all at that site...to be careful who I support and read and to just do my thing. Life is too short and there isn't enough chocolate to cope with the stress, heheheh.

glad you talk about it hon.