Sunday, September 24, 2006

Awww Eli...come on!!!

Eli, you might ask? Who is Eli? I am speaking of Eli Manning, QB of the New York Giants. He's my QB for my fantasty team and he's getting his butt kicked right now...3 to 35!!!

It may surprise you to know that I have a fantasy football team. This is thanks to DH who needed "just one more person" to fill out his league. Wanna know my team name? Wilderness Buffalo Chip. But then, it's appropriate since his league is called the Moose Poops, and the division names are Snout and Rump (I'm in the rump division...fun, eh?).

I have been doing some extremely strange layouts as of late. Quirky, you might even say. Ever since I started hanging out at Digital Art Quirks, I've been exploring the darker, quirker side of my scrapping personality. It's a bit scary, I must say, but also a good thing (I think).

I had to make a layout for their naming ceremony over there, and here is what I finally came up with:

Credits: Paper and beads by Krista Mettler;
Doodle shapes by Catscrap; Alpha by Meredith Fenwick


Oh and I forgot to show this one...it's an ATC I made for the Andy Warhol themed snail mail exchange, also at DAQ:

I can't remember where I found this lovely lady...sorry! I did all the recoloring myself.


I've been tagged by AmyK (thanks Amy!). This one is kind of fun. :-)

Here are the rules:
List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether or not they have words, or even if they’re not any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now. Post these instructions in your blog along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they’re listening to.

1. I'm So Glad Jesus Lifted Me (from Lifted, by Doulos, my old quartet)
2. Streetcorner Symphony - Rob Thomas (how can you NOT like this if you are a Grey's fan?)
3. How We Operate - Gomez
4. 100 Years - Five for Fighting (makes me cry every time I listen)
5. We Built this City - Starship (yes, I'm an 80's junkie!)
6. Start Me Up - Rolling Stones (great hockey warm up song)
7. Send in the Clowns - Judy Collins (I can't even explain this one!)

I want to tag Dawn T., Tania, Jane, Audra, Robin, Kim Smith and Raji. Have fun girls!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Quirks!! Especially loving that Andy Warhol-esque ATC, and of course that name is great!

Got the tag, I'll have to think about it and reply tonight!

Dawn's Daily Dish said...

1. Blessed Be Your Name -by Matt Redman-album: Where Angels Fear To Tread (2002)

2. Great Is The Faithfulness - William M. Runyan

3. I Can Only Imagine - Artist: Mercy Me, Album : Almost There

4. Friends, Michael W. Smith

5. My Heart Will Go On - Celine Dion (yes I know it's cheesy)

6. Total Eclipse of The Heart - Bonnie Tyler ( I bet I suprised you on that one)

7 .El Shaddai - Amy Grant

I will also put this on my blog and tag people