Thursday, September 21, 2006

Surrounded by...

...some interesting people right now. I'm at Panera, while my girls are in school. I should be out walking, and I may actually do that once I leave here, but for now I'm catching up on blogging, emails, etc.

A Favio (Fabio?) look-alike just walked in. Give me a break...that look was over a LONG time ago! LOL! Two tables over there are two late 40-something women having breakfast. I think the one lady must know everyone in this end of town, because she has said hello to every other person walking through the door. Right next to me there is something of business meeting going on.

I like to come here just to be around people, specifically adults. I know all you SAHM's know what I mean. I just enjoy hearing adult conversation, even if I am not participating in it.

I'm having a really hard time right now being content with being a SAHM. I'm pretty sure this is where God wants me at the moment, but I'm getting restless. The daily tasks of doing laundry and constantly picking up toys are becoming mind-numbing, and I can feel myself slipping back into a darker mindset.

I had considered really launching into designing, but I've realized I have so much to learn and I just don't have the energy to get into it right now. I already spend too much time on the computer as it is, so I don't want to commit to anything more.

I did this layout last night. It's a somewhat weak attempt to "freestyle".

Credits: RAKScraps September 06 Mega Kit Add-On, available at Scrapdish: Alpha letter by Correen Silke, Flowers and corner swirl by Robin Cabana; Papers by Rachel Dickson;
Font: Batik



Journaling:
There is nothing you two won’t try. Today you decided to make your own balance beam out of
the toy bins. Of course...the toys that were inside all ended up on the floor! I couldn’t be mad, though, because you were having so much fun. Your creativity continues to amaze me every day.

Geez...this sounds depressing! Guess I better go take that walk. It's almost Friday!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that layout, Mish - especially the cool angle of the background photo! Today I woke up and didn't want to be a Mom, so I think I know a little of how you feel. I'm wishin' I was in Ohio so I could drop by and we could have a playdate. ;)

Anonymous said...

I think it looks great!!

meems said...

great LO. And can I say how it is my dream to be able to be able to hang out @ Panera with a laptop? But I have no laptop and not enough time. Ahh, perhaps when my youngest starts school.

And I totally understand what you mean about a darker mindset and being a SAHM. I've been struggling with that lately too.

Dawn's Daily Dish said...

way too cute Michelle! Your layouts are awesome!

dawn

Tracy Blankenship said...

love the layouts you have been doing woman! great job. Have to go check out that site.

So funny that you say that about being a SAHM. I am having such a battle right now. I love that I am able to be home with the boys, but if I were offered the chance to go back to my old job at the old pay and have it easy to get the boys in daycare/school...I would probably snap at it. I have never felt so underappreciate or mind-numbingly occupied in my life. sighhhh.

good to hear that we all feel like that at times.
hugs