Friday, July 28, 2006

You win some, you lose some...

I can't believe it's Friday already! The week has gone fast, which I'm thankful for. It's been pretty stressful around here lately.

The birthday party went very well. I'm grateful we just did the family party this time. The girls loved making their Hello Kitties at Build-A-Bear, and my parents, in-laws, grandma and all the rest got a kick out of watching the girls. None of them had ever seen this before so it was a first for them. I had ordered Subway sandwiches at the mall in advance, so we just brought pop and chips and called it dinner. The most important thing...it was cheap and easy!

We all came back to our house for cake and presents. The girls of course liked their cakes, and then the presents. We are now surrounded by Barbie Fairytopia, Hello Kitty, stickers, princesses, etc. I am up to my eyeballs in pink!!! LOL

~~The Aftermath~~
So for all you moms, you know...after a big event there tends to be general chaos for a couple of days. Unfortunately, in our house, it has lasted all week.

Monday: Stayed home to clean up and recover. Good thing. Lots of tantrums from Gretchen all day long.

Tuesday: Went to the fair. Girls did okay but it was SO hot and sticky (90 degree with about 90% humidity) that they got cranky. However...

My pictures won ribbons!! Yay! Blue ribbon for the Heidi photo, red ribbon for the Gretchen photo.

Wednesday:
Took the girls to the free Curious George movie at the mall. Heidi decided she couldn't sit in her seat anymore and started crying (90 minutes in). So we left. Then Gretchen was mad that we missed the end of the movie. She became so irate that by the time we got to the car, I couldn't physically get her into the carset. When I finally was able to wrestle her in, she managed to get out!! I had to call DH to come help me. It was awful.

Thursday: Decent day, but we purposely stayed home. I managed to organize the girls' stuffed animals (read: put most of them away in a box!) and a bunch of my purses.

Which brings us to Friday. I have a bunch of errands to run today that I don't want to do, like buying a wedding gift (I'm just so bad at picking out gifts) and cleaning.

One more thing...I've been tagged by Audra!

1. Have you ever been searched by the cops?
Not searched, but pulled over.

2. Do you close your eyes on a roller coaster?
Nope. I scream and carry on like a maniac!

3. When's the last time you've been sledding?
About 5-6 years ago, in northern Michigan. DH were on a weekend trip up there.

4. Would you rather sleep with someone else, or alone?
I like my space, but I also like my hubby being there.

5. Do you believe in ghosts?
The jury is still out on this one. All I know is that I get shivers every time a pass a certain
restaurant near our house that is on the National Register of Haunted Places.

6. Do you consider yourself creative?
Yes

7. Do you think O.J. killed his wife?
Of course he did!

8. Jennifer Aniston or Angelina Jolie? (silly, I know ... but very "now")
Jennifer for sure. I can't stand Angelina. I mean...who goes to a remote, foreign country to give birth??

9. Can you honestly say you know ANYTHING about politics?
I know a fair share, but only from listening to Glenn Beck and Rush on the radio.

10. Do you know how to play poker?
Sort of, but I'm not very good.

11. Have you ever been awake for 48 hours straight?
Yup...in college. It wasn't pretty.

12. What's your favorite commercial?


13. Who was your first love?
You mean someone I actually dated, so just someone I WANTED to date!! LOL Probably Jon, my boyfriend in college. He ended up being gay. :-(

14. If you're driving in the middle of the night, and no one is around you, do you run a red light?
I have before.

15. Do you have a secret that no one knows but you?
Yes.

16. Boston Red Sox or New York Yankees?
Boston

17. Have you ever been Ice Skating?
Yes, lots of times. Even took an ice skating class in college.

18. How often do you remember your dreams?
All the time. I can even wake up, then go back to sleep and continue the dream.

19. What's the one thing on your mind?
Counting down the days until school starts.

20. Do you always wear your seat belt?
Yes, always.

21. What talent do you wish you had?
I wish I could dance.

22. Do you like Sushi?
I love california rolls and avocado rolls, but would be willing to try other kinds (tuna?).

23. What do you wear to bed?
a t-shirt and pj pants

24. Do you truly hate anyone?
No.

25. If you could sleep with one famous person, who would it be?
No one. DH is enough for me. :-)

26. Do you know anyone in jail?
No, but I know someone who works at a jail.

27. What food do you find disgusting?
Probably clams/oysters...yuck!!

28. Have you ever made fun of your friends behind their back?
I love to joke and tease, so yes, but all in fun (nothing mean....I hope).

29. Have you ever been punched in the face?
Yes, by my DD.

30. Do you believe in angels and demons? Yes.


1 comment:

Deb said...

Congratulations on winning the ribbons! Hope you recover from the party aftermath soon - I wonder sometimes if girls will ever grow out of pink?? :)