Friday, July 21, 2006

Why Don't Old People Like Children?

Happy Friday! Despite my title, today was a pretty good day.

After doing a few chores this morning I took the girls to an outdoor, lunchtime, FREE concert at a nearby shopping center. Now this place is in a very affluent suburb of Toledo, and it's one of those "outdoor mall" concepts...with shopping, movie theaters, restaurants and apartments. It's very sophisticated, so clearly, so DO NOT fit in there! But I don't care! I knew they would enjoy the string quartet, and it gave me a chance to relive my music ed major college days. And did I mention it was FREE?

We packed our lunch and I purposely packed it in a recycled bread bag, just to see if I could get some looks. LOL It was a beautiful day and the girls really did enjoy the music. They recognized several songs from "Little Einsteins" (which have words on the show) so they were happily singing along. This is what caused all the dirty looks from the crowd, made up of mostly retired age folks. At what point do people forget that they ever had young children?

No matter. We indulged ourselves with some ice cream and then stopped by Yankee Candle. I finally bought an electric tart warmer, that I've been wanting since Christmas. Early birthday present. :-)

Tomorrow I'm taking two scrapbook pages and two photos over to our county fair. Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Michelle,

I think older people do forget what little children are like. My friend Debby and I have promised eachother that if we get grouchy in our rockers that we need to kick eachother or hit eachother with our canes! LOL

Dawn

jane said...

know what ya mean mish! i take my little people out places and get looks any time one of them talks above a whisper! It's a shame people forget the fun little ones have in just enjoying life

Anonymous said...

Hey michelle!! where are your photos and scrap book pages going to be? I have a 4H group, so I am at the fair daily....will be bringing Rylie on Thursday....Bonnie

Audimc said...

Good luck! and who cares about those old peopel.. you would think they would appreciate that your kids have a taste for music! Love the cakes!! Remind me to call you to make Ellies on her 2nd bday!!!! LOL

Mama Hummingbird said...

Children are a gift from God above and will keep us young. Some people say they make us old but they really keep us young if we spend time with them and pay attention to them.
I noticed that you bought a tart warmer. Happy Birthday to you.
If you are looking for affordable soy wax tarts to put in your warmer we have the place for you.
We take great pride in these low cost, handmade, high quality, maximum scent soy wax candles and tarts.
Check us out at our website and see if you find anything you like.
Mama Hummingbird
http://www.hrsoapsoycandle.com