Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Splish Splash

Today has been one of those awesome summer days...the way every summer day should be. I was home with the girls this morning, updating Quicken while they played. We are doing a cash envelope budget now, so I like to stay on top of our spending. Did you know you can set up cash accounts in Quicken? Very cool!

I let the girls help me paint some artist canvases I got at Hobby Lobby with my birthday money. (My birthday isn't for another 2 weeks, so I'm a bit ahead of myself! LOL). Thanks to a great suggestion from my buddy Kelley McDonald over at RAKScraps, I'm going to make some wall art with the canvases by printing out some papers and photos and making a sort of collage. I hope they turn out well. I'll post photos when I'm finished.

This afternoon I was actually brave enough to take them to a little neighborhood public pool nearby. It's really quite nice...sloped entrance (like a beach), a big fountain, and the deepest point is only 4 feet. It is limited to children 12 and under. Why has it taken me 6 weeks to get them there? They had a blast! Gretchen even made a new friend (a 7-8 year old girl in a PINK swim suit...go figure!).

I grew up going to the pool just about every day, and I would love my girls to have that same experience. Makes me realize how much my Mom sacrificed her own plans so that we could do what we wanted to do.

Hope you are having a great summer day like I am!

2 comments:

Audimc said...

I can't wait to see how your collages turn out! I agree about the pool... we went almost daily too, and I still remember it to this day! I need to get Quikin. I"m horrible with money.

Raji said...

That's cool idea, can't wait to see your collages. Can you believe I can't swim, so I miss all the summer fun.