Monday, July 17, 2006

Happy Monday!

Whew...the start of another week. Where did last week go??

I'm actually glad for a fresh start. Last week was a LONG week (at least while I was in the middle of it). Rob was gone from pretty much Monday am to Thursday pm, stopping in for an hour here and there a couple times. I did get to go scrapping with my bud Patrice on Thursday night, which was a treat. It's great since she lives right next door. :-)

We were supposed have a playdate Friday, but Gretchen had a hissy fit first thing and literally ripped a hole in her dress! So...playdate cancelled. I ended up having a babysitter come and stay with Gretchen, and I took Heidi to the pool and we met up with some friends there. I *hope* that was a correct parenting decision. I think both girls enjoyed the separate time.

Saturday I did my annual judging for some 4-H projects (family and consumer sciences category). I think 4-H is so valuable, as it teaches kids such practical, hands-on life skills. I'm a city girl, so I had had the chance to be in 4-H (I did girl scouts instead, which was great too), but I would love to start a 4-H chapter at my girls' school. Actually, they can be Cloverbuds starting at age 5...how cute is that??

We had Rob's parents over for dinner on Saturday night, then we to church Sunday am and over to my parent's house for dinner Sunday night. I love having both families in town, but sometimes it's overwhelming to have so many extended family commitments.

Today we had those friends over (who we had to cancel on Friday!) and it went splendidly. Heather has a 3 year old daughter and a 10 month old son, so the 3 girls played together so well and really the baby hung in there too. I love days like this!

So, the main agenda for the rest of the week is to get ready for the girls' birthday on Sunday. They will be 4 years old!! We are just having a family party this year...and probably next year they'll be begging to have friends come over. I figure I'll get away with just family for as long as I can! Every time I ask them each what kind of cake they'd like, I get different answers. I think tomorrow I'll be writing down their answers, and that will be the "final answer". LOL

Geez...this was quite a chatty post! Guess that's what happens when the kids are in bed, and I'm here watching Super Nanny by myself (yes, Rob is gone again tonight...back at work).

1 comment:

Tracy Blankenship said...

Sounds like you have been busyyyy! I think you totally handled the parenting great! I would love to do the same thing if I had a babysitter around here I trusted, lol.

Garage Salein! Love to do that...I am with you. I find my deals there and at the thrift store!

hugs baby!