Thursday, July 13, 2006

Garage Salein'

I'm not sure if "salein' " is a word, but I'm going with it anyway! LOL We just got back from a little tour around my end of town, crusing the garage sales. What fun! The girls are finally old enough (being two weeks short of 4) to actually listen, follow directions, not run into the street (usually) and sort of shop.

And what cheap entertainment! For a total of $7.00, I bought a magnetic zoo toy/set, a Little People book, a wooden puzzle with doors that open to reveal "suprises", a bag of glitter, a bag of ribbon, a bag of cross stitch thread and 3 glasses on pink lemonade!

Right now DH is over examining a bathroom sink vanity/base that we've been wanting to put in our bathroom. It's in great shape. The seller wants a pedastel sink, which we have and want to get rid of, so we might just switch. Isn't that fun? I love garage sales and stranger speak (a phrase coined by my husband and his brother, who are both experts in this area).

Now I know there are other blogs where the authors discuss great deals they find at Target, but my budget doesn't allow that, so I'll discuss garage sales instead, okay? LOL

It's almost TGIF...yay!

3 comments:

Audimc said...

I love garage sales!!! Sounds like you got some great stuff all for $7!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Mish
Garage Sales are great, I used to get lots of fun things for my kids when they were little too!!
Happy Garaging :)

XX Sharon

jane said...

lol mish!! garage sales do rock!! unless you are having your own! we had one when we moved and it was the worst experience of my whole entire life!! you have two types of "salers". You got the friendly type like you and your hubby..then you have the mean lifer type. The type that make garage sales their whole existence for living and will spend 25 minutes no problem trying to tell you 25 cents is to much to pay for anything etc. etc.
The lifers scare me, lol!!
glad you had fun!! :)