Wednesday, July 12, 2006

I feel like bloggin'...

Okay, I'm back. Jane, I'm glad I made you laugh! That is my general purpose in life...to make people laugh, so I guess I've accomplished my goal for the day.

I've been having trouble keeping up with this blog because I'm not exactly sure what it's main purpose should be. Ginger T seems to have cornered the market on rectangle scrapping (love ya Ginger!) so I'm not sure how useful this site is. And I'm certainly not a big designer-type person, and I don't seem to be getting any layouts published...so hmmmm...why exactly am I here?

There is something very therapeutic about blogging, as I'm sure all of you who blog on a regular basis know. I think it's because I feel so cut off from the rest of the world, being home with the girls every day. I know, I know...I should make more effort to get out and do stuff, but dealing with the constant fighting and screaming in the car is not a very big incentive to go!

So I guess I'll just use this blog to post some layouts, give my opinions on meaningless topics and other types of utter nonsense.

On that note, I am listening to the George Norrie show right now, on AM radio. If you haven't heard of him, go check him out...he's a complete nut job, but is very entertaining. Right now he's got some guy on who is predicting earthquakes and such. I guess I'm glad I don't live at the base of one of those!

I'm going to have to download a couple Gomez songs. I know AmyK is a big fan, and then Robin mentioned them too, so I felt compelled to check them out. They are pretty cool...an alternative, kind of funky sound. Right up my ally!

My iTunes fav right now: They Might Be Giants - Flood (the whole album). I loved them back in college, and it's fun to listen again now.

I better sign off now...gotta get some sleep. I am having a gal I know from church come over tomorrow with her kids (a preschooler and a baby) for a playdate. These social engagements always make me nervous, espeically when they are at my house. I have a bunch of cleaning to do!

Nite nite!

3 comments:

jane said...

lol mish!! you got it right! blogs are for yipping about nothing, venting about anything and everything and just voicing opinions that people may or may not be intrested in! :)

Audimc said...

Blog just for the fun of it!!!! In fact, I need to stop by here more often!!!

T-Wan said...

I'm glad you back to bloggin and I'm like you don't really know the purpose of it but I do it to vent a little bit and to put my thoughts and plans in words without cluttering up my space with notepads and papers everywhere.