Tuesday, September 04, 2007

It's September

...and it's almost Fall. It can't come too quickly. The feeling of the crisp, cool air and blue skies are always welcome in Ohio this time of year.

We had an interesting weekend. Some out of town friends, who were passing through our city, called at 5pm Friday evening an invited us to meet them for dinner. They gave us one hour notice! Now, I try to be flexible about things like this, but we already had plans to drop the girls off at my parent's house for the night (woohoo), attend an engagement party and then do Rob's fantasy football draft. I didn't feel as though I could say no to them, so we ended up missing the party. I felt bad. It's never easy to make those decisions. We did have a good time though, and the kids had fun too.

Saturday Rob and Dad put some finishing touches on the playground, like a rock climbing wall and a climbing rope. That rope brings back harsh memories of elementary school gym classes. We were supposed to be able to climb that damn thing, all the way up to the ceiling (which was probably at least 20 feet up there!! I never could do it.

Sunday we went to the Fulton Co. fair. Now, THIS is a REAL fair! I'll have some photos later on. We got to see the sheep being sheered and the goats getting their baths, along with the dairy cows and even a demonstration of how sprinklers work in the event of a fire. The girls kept asking to go on the rides, but we don't do fair rides so there was a large amount of whining!! LOL They weren't horribly mistreated, though...they got ice cream, and played a game where they each won a new ball.

Challenge Time
I've decided to take part in the KB and Friends Slice of Life challenge. Things have gotten so negative and destructive in digi-land lately that I had to take a step back and remember why I started scrapping in the first place. I think this is a good way to re-focus on those reasons. I will admit, that I had been reading the "nasty blog", but today I removed it from my Google Reader. Even if there is useful information there, it's not worth it to me to have to read all the other garbage too. Supposedly people have started receiving nasty emails and even phone calls, and one designer who has a popular blog has decided to password protect it for a while. It's sad that things have come to this. It sucks the joy out of a hobby that is supposed to be fun. And there are those for whom it's a business, but they still shouldn't have to deal with personal attacks from anonymous idiots.

I'm just going to keep doing my thing and try to stay out of all the drama and crap.

A Layout

Journaling: Journaling: Heidi, I love watching you play. You go into your own little world and your imagination seems to go into overdrive. I wish I could know what you are thinking.

Credits: Papers and flowers by Laura Alpulche, Frame and ribbon by Lemonaid Lucy, Stitched circle by Karen Hunt, Journaling paper by Meredith Fenwick, Play stamp by Toni Berman

I think I'm going for a walk now. It might be nice to actually move a little!

4 comments:

Robin said...

Sounds like you've been busy! :) Love the layout. I hear you on staying away from drama! I watch my soaps everyday - that's all I need!

Melinda said...

sounds like a fun weekend! I don't read 'that blog' but occasionally. I always end up wasting way too much time there when I do go. Very pretty LO!

Anonymous said...

Good for you deleting that blog. I agree, the good there is overshadowed by the negativity! Sounds like you had a really busy weekend, but a lot of fun!

clc said...

Love your layout of Heidi! I think I'm glad that I've never stumbled upon the "nasty" blog. The county fair in the little OK town that I grew up in is next week - I think I'm going to have to go and take my sister's grandkids after reading about your weekend.