Friday, September 14, 2007

Diesel, anyone?


Man, apparently I need to get out more. After I dropped the girls off at school this morning, I stopped for gas. I prepaid and went to lift up the nozzle, and the only price showing up was on the diesel area. I tried this several times, pushing the button for "regular" gas, but the price kept showing up on the diesel. I sure as heck didn't want to end up with diesel in the van, so I go in and ask the lady. She comes out with me and points out that I was using the WRONG NOZZLE. On each pump there is a nozzle for the regular gas, and one for the diesel. Um....DUH!!! I just laughed and laughed. Other customers were looking at me, laughing at myself. Wow, my common sense had left the building! I blamed it on not enough coffee.

Other than that, it was a good day. Got a couple things accomplished this morning, girls stayed for lunch so I had some extra time, and then this afternoon we got all the fall/Halloween decorations out. They get so excited when we do that. And it's fun for me too, to take all the stuff out of the boxes and remember. For some reason, I am very organized when it comes to decorations. Everything is properly labeled it its plastic tub in the attic. Sigh. Why can't I do this in the rest of my house?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hej! I had to share with you that I did the same thing with the diesel nozzle once! I went in and asked, is that pump only diesel or something? Luckily no one else was around though. So don't feel bad, you're not alone! P.S. Go Blue!!

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking flickr must not allow hotlinking, since your pic isn't showing up for me. (I went over there and saw it though.)

How funny about the gas. I can just see you standing there laughing. :) I haven't done that, but I almost always go to the same gas station and they only have one diesel pump.

Our attic is a disaster area. Wanna come organize it for us? ;) We haven't even gotten our Halloween decorations out the last couple of years. Maybe we'll be more on top of that this year.

jessica said...

I am anally organized when it comes to the kids' outgrown clothes, all neatly labeled and organized in the garage.

too funny about the nozzle! ;)

Meredith said...

i have done the same thing with the gas nozzle, too. and i may have accidentally put diesel in my car once in college. but since we had the filter changed and the tank drained, we'll never know for sure if it was diesel fuel or just a gunky filter! :)

my decorations and outgrown baby clothes are all super-organized. People used to see my garage with its neatly labeled bins and think I was organized. people also think that when i tell them about my filing system on the computer. but when it comes to everyday, real life... forget it! i'm a mess these days!