Monday, September 10, 2007

Coming out of the black hole

Yup, that is where I've been the past week or so...in a hole, of sorts. It's something I deal with on a regular basis. I could blame it on about 100 different things, but the truth is I don't know why my mind does this to me.

Anyway, it's a few week and another fresh start. It's it amazing that God rewards us with a brand new day, and a chance to start over, every morning? Awesome!

Speaking of mornings, in my quest to gather fresh, unique inspiration, I came across this blog yesterday. You don't have to be a scrapper to appreciate it. It's just two ladies comparing their photos taken each morning. The composition and subject matter are quite appealing...just little snippets of daily life, portrayed in an artistic way.

I made this right after getting our passport photos taken last week. I tell you, there is always an issue doing something like this (see the journaling). Don't get excited...we aren't going on a European tour or anything. We are taking a Disney cruise, compliments of my parents, in December and they recommend getting passports, just to be safe.

Digi Dare #52 - Ink Spotz alpha by Doris Castle, Background paper is construction paper :-)
Photographs word art by Jessica Bolton, Font: KGD Mozer Script


Journaling: Isn’t this the most attractive bunch you’ve ever seen? On the way to the photographer, Gretchen decided she didn’t want to get her picture taken. “I’m not going to smile! When the picture comes out of the camera, I am not going to look at my angry face!” Well, it turns out she was right. You are not allowed to smile for passport photos! They use some kind of face recognition software, and if you smile it messes up the process. So, mug shots it was. 9/7/07


I tried out the "Ali Edwards" philosophy here...don't try to make it perfect, just do it! I just laid out the photos on a piece of construction paper and scanned it. Rather than fooling around with fancy papers and elements, I left it stark looking, to match the serious expressions on our faces.

Now it's time to go attempt to make my day have a purpose. Happy Monday!

4 comments:

Melinda said...

Well a Disney cruise sounds pretty exciting to me! I'd certainly be looking forward to it! :) I hope things are still looking better at the end of the day today!

June F. said...

Great passport page! We had ours done this year as well and you've inspired me to scrap our MUG shots too! Thanks! :)

clc said...

Hope you all have a wonderful time on the cruise!

jessica said...

The cruise sounds awesome, Mish! And gorgeous layout with your passport photos!

I hear ya about the black hole, LOL, I tend to crawl into my own hole in the ground quite often. Not necessarily all bad, though.

(((hugs)))