Monday, June 25, 2007

Playground is done! (almost...)

After three long days, Rob and Dad got the playground into "playable" condition! LOL

Isn't she just sooo sweet?

The glider. On the box it says "promotes teamwork and socialization". ROFL!!

View from Heidi's bedroom window.

As you can see, the playset literally takes up the entire width of the yard, and almost half of the length!! Notice the smaller pile of wood? I'm so thrilled...Rob sold a whole ton of it to a friend from church, and that one stack there is all we have left. Yay!

Stuff still left to do:
1. Build the roof on the fort part.
2. Install a knotted rope for them to climb.
3. Install a pulley with attached bucket, so they can send things up and down to each other.
4. Get some mulch so they can stop playing in the dirt!!
5. Move sandbox to underneath the fort.

Here's my first layout featuring the playset:

Credits: Play by Heather Roselli, available at The Digi Chick; arrows by Jessica Bolton, circle doodle by Heather Ann Designs, font is Mish

Yes, that is me in the middle there, in the brown shirt. That slide is the most hideous thing ever! It's very fast and has a bump in the middle, which I find quite painful. I've gone down a few times to humor the girls, and now I'm DONE! Besides, my rear end wasn't designed for that slide...or maybe, the slide wasn't designed for my rear end...

Needless to say, this new activity creates the need for baths every night now. Sigh. And, they are begging to be pushed "really really high". I thought this was supposed to occupy them! Ha!

Okay, time to make some spaghetti for supper. Happy Monday!

3 comments:

Melinda said...

It looks like the girls are really enjoying their new playset! I get tired of the kids asking if we can go to the park, so I wish we had one in our backyard, but despite our yard being bigger I think we have less room. A good portion is in terraces going up the hill. I think I need to invite myself down to the neighbors house a bit more often ;)

Anonymous said...

Wow, that playset is ginormous! Isn't it funny how it seems to take *more* work from you now when the kids want to play? We have a swingset too, and love it - I just wish someone would push ME on the swings once in a while! ;) I love that fun layout!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like it's tons of fun! ROTFL about the slide! Cute layout!