Monday, January 07, 2008

Manic Monday

Yup, this qualifies as manic. My plans for today have changed about 12 times already, and the day is only half over. So let's see...

Mom was supposed to pick up the girls from school and keep them for the afternoon. I had a whole list of stuff I wanted to get done. Great! Mom calls at 8:45am saying she and Dad are headed into the cardiologist...Dad is still having symptoms of irregular heartbeat and shortness of breath. Turns out he still has fluid around his heart and they decide to admit him to the hospital for some procedure where they remove the fluid. Yikes! Okay, plan B, no problem.

Kids come home, we have lunch, color, read stories, etc. Rob has the afternoon off so he can help get ready for our little college football championship party tonight. Great! Then my MIL calls at 1:30pm, saying they have some friends coming to visit at 2:00 and they'd like to see the girls. Now this is where I get cranky. I'm supposed to drop what I'm doing and just go over there, so she can parade them around like little dolls to show off to her friends? Hmmmm, don't think so. She's supposed to call when it's time to go over, but guess what? ROB will be taking them. It's his mom, right?

I know I sound really snotty about this, but there is a long history of spontaneous, lack-of-planning kind of stuff and right after the holidays I just want a break from all of it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hej bub! I'm glad I happened to check this again. Yikes, what a day. Sorry about your dad! Keep me posted. I know that stuff is very worrisome. Also -- what is her deal with the last-minute stuff (the MIL)? That is so not fair to someone with 2 little kids. Not sensitive to the fact that you're not just sitting around all day waiting for plans to pop up. Sorry, caffeine has me ranting. Hope tonight is fun!

clc said...

Sending your DH to take the girls to his mother's sounds more than fair to me! Stick to your guns, girl!

Robin said...

Hope your day has calmed down and that your dad is ok. Hugs!

T-Wan said...

I hope your day got better and you don't sound snotty at all. If he your DH doesn't want to take them then the friends can see picturesw and hear stories. I hope your day got better.