Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Back into the routine

Finally...well, almost. Rob goes back to work today but the girls don't go back to school until Friday. I am soooooo ready for them to go back to school, and have our daily routine get back in synch. I'm sure I'm not alone! LOL

Tuesday we got a few things accomplished. I put away all of the Christmas decorations except for the tree, and we decluttered several bags and boxes of junk. Man, does that feel good. I can't wait to have the chance to fill up the back of the van and make a trip to Goodwill!

::Trip Layouts::
A few more finished pages...I have to bust a move to get these done if I want to use that free Shutterfly coupon I have.




I love that shot I got of Rob and the girls watching the other ship leave. If you look closely, you can see their reflections in the window. So cool!



So far this beer tasting page is one of my favorites. It came out just the way I wanted it to...quirky and "doodly". And yeah, Rob really did have to "chug" beer through a straw! LOL The guy who won was one the cruise playing the part of Jack Sparrow, meaning he had to dress up and walk around the ship and pose for photos with the kids. He was very convincing in costume. Rob didn't have a chance against him...he was all of 22 and in college. Please!

Today's agenda includes some more decluttering, cleaning the floors, laundry and hopefully a trip SOMEWHERE, ANYWHERE, PLEASE GET ME OUT OF HERE! with the kids (oops, did I actually type that?).

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

Meredith said...

sounds pretty typical to me! my kids don't ever leave, but I am so grateful to just have the corner of my living room back where the tree was! lol! of course, now it is filled with more boxes to unpack! BUT, it will be empty again, soon! love your layouts. the ship one is adorable!

Anonymous said...

Hej bub!
Thanks for the comment on my blog! I am finally leaving you a comment to say, good job on all the blogging the past few days. You were really inspired! I loved seeing all the new pics from the trip. Thanks for getting them up there. It's always great to see new kid pics. I'll try to blog more regularly like you are. Later!