Tuesday, January 01, 2008

A fresh start

Happy New Year! It is officially Jan. 1, 2008 here in Ohio. We ended up spending a quiet night at home. Rob stayed here (after I not-so-subtly suggested he do so) and we played some online Hearts, watched football and drank some sparking wine at midnight.

So far today things are going okay. One thing I'm trying to do now in the new year is to get up at a reasonable hour. Most of the time it's really hard for me to get up if I don't have to, so today we were all up and going by 9am. I'm going to gradually make it earlier, so it won't be so shocking. Heidi is having some gastrointestinal issues...the poor thing can't catch a break. And Gretchen has a slight fever now so this means we've all caught the illness during Christmas break. Good thing we don't have to go anywhere today!

We enjoyed the Rose Parade this morning and will be watching football the rest of the day... as much as we can get away with, anyhow. LOL

I took my first photo for my 365 challenge, and will attempt to set up a Flikr thingie for my project.

Hope your New Year is going well so far!

1 comment:

Robin said...

Happy new year Mish! I hope the girls feel better soon. Your list of goals is very inspiring too. I wish you all them best with them!