Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Bucks blew it again

Anyone who knows me IRL knows that I am NOT a fan of the Ohio State Buckeyes. I am a fan of the University of Michigan, and in these parts you CANNOT be a fan of both places. The rivalry between the two schools is arguably the best in all of college sports. Due to our position almost halfway in between the two schools, the hype before the game where they play each other every year is insane. They even have a store called the Buckeye & Wolverine shop, there they sell only OSU or Michigan stuff, and it's organized so that each team's colors are on separate sides of the store, with a line down the middle.

But last night it was the Buckeyes' time to shine. I donned an Ohio State t-shirt, belonging to Rob, showing my support of our home state's team. I may not be an OSU fan, but I'm still a Big 10 fan. We were supposed to have a "party" here but as it turns out, only my brother and sister-in-law showed up. Nice. That's okay, I enjoyed the food Rob made and was able to relax and watch the game.

Ohio State just couldn't pull it out. I was disappointed for them. But here's what I don't get: OSU fans are SO obnoxious all year long....we're number one...yada yada yada. Then they get to the big game and blow it. It's the second time they've done this in recent years...last time they lost to Florida. Um hello? Can't execute under pressure? Hmmmm.

You didn't know I was such a football expert, did you? LOL

Speaking of football, did you see the JERK who did a front sommersault into the endzone last weekend? Uncalled for!! That coach should have BENCHED HIS REAR END!! It gets really old seeing such unsportman-like conduct on the field.

Okay. Off my soapbox now.

::Cleaning Spree::
It doesn't happen often, but when you are having people over there is a great motivation to clean! Here's what I've done in the past two days:

  • Vacuumed main floor
  • Mopped kitchen and dining room
  • Cleared off counters
  • Cleaned both bathrooms
  • Put away toys
  • Decluttered my bedroom dresser top
  • Cleaned master bedroom blinds (man, were they dirty!)
  • Laundry
  • Decluttered girls' dresser top
  • Cleaned out underneath girls' beds
  • Made appointment at foot doctor
  • Made appointment at OB/GYN
Yay! I hope this streak continues. :-)

Tonight is my night out, so I'm getting my haircut and my go to the hospital to visit my friend Heather and also my Dad. He had to go back in yesterday to have extra blood/fluid removed from around his heart. :-( He got through it fine but it has me worried that this is going to be an ongoing problem for him. I wish he could just get back to his old self.

Until tomorrow...

5 comments:

Melinda said...

The Sooners stank in their bowlgame this year too, and they looked pretty good most of the season.

good for you in getting all of that done! I need to make an OB appt too, I sooo look forward to that every year (not!)

CJ said...

Hey there stranger! I've been meaning to call and the month has just flown by. I was going through my inbox and found an email with a link to your blog so I thought I would check it out. You have had a lot going on. I'm glad you had a fun trip on the cruise. I'm sorry to hear about your dad's heart surgery. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers as he is on his road to recovery. I'm calling you this week! Promise!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm feeling bad b/c I sent you that 'GO LSU' text the other night. I somehow thought you were rooting for LSU! Sorry about that. Hopefully you're not mad at me. Also, hope your dad is doing well. Didn't realize he'd have to stay in the hosp. again a few days. I, too, hope he gets back to his old self soon and these issues get cleared up.

Anonymous said...

Do you want to come over and clean and organize my house too? I bought red boxes to put all my christmas stuff in.

Azrood said...

Wow! You've been productive! I don't think I've cleaned the blinds in bedroom in like 6 years...since we moved in, lol!