Saturday, April 14, 2007

A very long Saturday

Today has been a really long day. Rob had to work today, to continue rebuilding all the stuff he lost when that virus took the network down at school on Thursday. I wish I could understand why someone would want to spend their time writing a program that could be so destructive. If these people would put that knowledge to good use, they could make a lot of money!

We are supposed to go to a hockey game tonight, but I'm not really in the mood.

The girls did some cool art projects today to pass the time. This morning we painted with the new paint we got last night, and this afternoon we made flowers:


Did you ever make these as a kid? You take wax paper, shave crayons onto it, put another piece of wax paper on top, and then put a cool iron on top to melt the wax. They look cool in a window, because the sunlight (or at least daylight, in this case!) comes through. It is a bit messy, but no matter. One tip though...don't do this on a vinyl tablecloth, because it's easy to melt a hole in it, like I just did! LOL

I tried out a different kind of scrapping style last night:

Credits:
3 Slide Frames by Doris Castle, from True Love
Distressed frame by Jessica Bolton, from Home Life
Background paper by Lisa Whitney, from Easter Sweets
Flower Hook-Ups by Donna Rafferty
Dotted ribbon by Michelle Coleman
Pink trim by Bren Boone, from Hip Chick
White stitches and embroidered alpha by Toni Berman
Hand Stamped Alpha by Michelle Coleman
Paint splatters and painted frame by Doris Castle, from Art Strokes

This will end up being a two page layout. It was fun to make though!

Okay, I guess I should go take a shower, and the girls need a bath too. :-)

2 comments:

Melinda said...

I hope you had a good time at the hockey game with DH!

Anonymous said...

Love those cute art projects! I don't remember doing anything like that, they're so pretty. I love your page with all that pretty paint too!