Friday, April 20, 2007

I love sunshine :-)

Ah, sunshine. If you live in an area where it's sunny most of the time, you probably don't appreciate it like I do. Around here in NW Ohio, I think just over half of our day shave actual sunshine. So, when the sun comes out, it's just awesome!

Today is one of those gorgeous spring days that we long for all winter. The kind of day where you just feel good about life in general, and wonder bad things can happen. It's a bit eerie to know that it looked just like this in NYC on 9/11, and now with the terrible events at Virgina Tech this week, there is such a disconnect between peace and horror. It doesn't seem fair that I can be sitting here enjoying this day, while so many families are suffering to a degree that I can't imagine. They have been in my prayers all week.

On a lighter note, I called Rob and asked if he could take the afternoon off. He worked so much last week on that virus problem (40 hours in 4 days) that I think he could use a break. Besides, I just miss him sometimes and want to hang out, like we used to. :-)

I can't think of anything else to write, so I think I'll sign off. Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Sara E said...

wellll..I'm one of those people with sunny beautiful days most of the time..I'm in Phoenix...you need to check out my blogging for the day to see my sunny Easter pics :)

at least it looks like you are going to have a beautiful weekend ...enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel about the 9/11 thing and I have been blogging about the VA Tech shootings the past few days. I am a 911 Truther though ;) theres some good stuff on my blog. Congrats on going healthy with the food thats a great choice for your fam!! You go girl!!

Audimc said...

I think you're right.. I probably don't appreciate the sun like I should...

The whole VA Tech thing was just so insane.. I still can't believe it!