Sunday, April 29, 2007

I have a new favorite store



I usually don't blog on Sundays, but Rob and I had a date night last night and I just felt compelled to write about it! Now, most of you are probably very familiar with Ikea. I had never been there before, and the closest one we have to us is about an hour north of here. My parents took the kids overnight and we had a little adventure!

I couldn't even believe the outside of the store...it makes such a bold statement, with that blue and yellow. Then once you get inside, they take you on this little tour and weave you all through the store. I felt like I was in a maze or something. Their displays are really well put together, and I'm convinced this is way their products sell so well.

We ended up with a few things:

Rainbow colored plastic bowls and little plates for the girls...

A little table and chair, which I've been wanting to get for a long time now...

And finally, a chair for my "office" LOL. Mine has an off-white, washable cover...nice!



Anyway, I know it seems silly to post these things on here, but since it was the first time we were ever there, I wanted to remember it. :-)

After shopping, we had a yummy Mexican dinner, and then drove over to Ann Arbor, just to people watch. They had just had graduation earlier in the day, there weren't too many people around, but it was still fun. We sat in a local coffee shop, right next to the window, and I tried to smile at people walking by to see how many of them would smile or nod back. Much to my dismay, only a few responded. The fellow at the next table decided to join in (he was this cute little Asian dude with the biggest smile I've seen in a while) and started commenting on the pedestrians. It was such a hoot!

Rob borrowed a log splitter from the neighbor and is finally getting to work on the monstrous pile of logs that is still in our front yard. The tree was cut down in November, I think? At least the wood is nice and dried out now. There will be lots of outdoor fires in the backyard this summer.

Speaking of fires...

This is how we spend many spring and summer evenings at our house. It's so much better than TV! Don't my girls have such sweet little toes? I made this one for the Weeds and Wildflowers CT call. I hope I make it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are only seven feet..where the other one go? tee hee

Anonymous said...

Oh I love IKEA!! You'ld recognize most of our house from their catelog, LOL!!

Audimc said...

Good luck on the call! I love your LO!! Glad to hear you had fun on your Date Night! I need to check out IKEA.. the first time I went was opening weekend and it was a Zoo.. so it left a bad taste in my mouth... but I know everyone loves them.

Check out my blog, I tagged you!

Anonymous said...

I *heart* IKEA! I am so jealous of your shopping trip!!!