Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Another Wednesday

It's a kind of blah day here, overcast and chilly. Yesterday was so gorgeous...sunny and about 55 degrees. The girls had school in the morning, and then we headed out to the park in the afternoon. Things got pretty crazy there after school let out, so then we headed to my favorite produce market, Monnette's, to get some HEALTHY food.

Can I just say, as an aside, that there are a lot of complete idiot parents at a playground? There were quite a few sitting around smoking, talking on their cell phones and generally ignoring their kids. One kid was even taking his dog, who was on a leash, down the slide! I should have snapped a picture but didn't want to seem obvious.

I did get a bunch of cool nature photos, which I'm going to use for textures, etc. Fun fun!

Okay, back to the healthy food business. We are *trying* to start eating more natural food around here...some organic things, soy and rice milk, and generally nothing with added color or preservatives. Let me tell ya...it's a challenge, especially do to on a budget! After getting our fresh produce, I made a yummy dinner that was really well received by the whole family - Thai Pork Burritos. I used ground turkey instead and it was delicious!

After dinner I ventured out to the natural foods store in town. We are making our own bread too, and Rob wanted all kinds of wacky things. Here's my grocery list, which set me back over $100 - ouch!!

Soy milk
Rice milk (which is quite tasty, I've discovered!)
Almond butter (a treat for me and the girls)
Toasted almonds
Organic cereal
Rye flour
Gluten flour
Date sugar
Cane sugar
Soy yogurt
Water buffalo milk yogurt (I know, I know, but it made me laugh!!)
Arthur shaped mac and cheese
Kid's vitamins
Frozen spinach and garlic pizza
Burt's Bees orange facial cleanser (mmmm, it smells sooo good)
Mothering magazine

And...

Are you ready?

ONE WHOLE FROZEN CHICKEN!!!

Now, if you know me IRL, you know that I am tragically afraid of touching chickens, turkeys or most other raw meats. But, free range chicken is so expensive that I decided to buck up and by the darn thing, roast it, and then maybe it won't be so gross to touch. However, somehow the chicken got left at the store! Oh darn, I'm so upset [insert sarcastic snicker here]. They did call me and will be crediting my store card. So, I got out of it this time...

~~ Contest Winner! ~~
Okay, enough about chickens. We have a winner! Muka received my Cosmic Wonders Paper Pack after leaving a comment and being randomly chosen. Enjoy Muka!

~~ New Products ~~
I just finished up another set of templates...Rectangle Quickies Power Pack 2 and
Square Quickies Power Pack 2. They are on sale right now at PDW for just $3.50!




1 comment:

Muka said...

wow! what a neat surprise! thanks, mish ;) these look even cooler up close than in the preview!
good luck with eating healthy, btw... I always tell myself I will and I always never do! lol.. hopefully you'll be better than me ;)