Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Shoe Shoppin'!

I must give a disclaimer here: I am not a shopper. I don't spend money on clothes, shoes, makeup, nails, jewelry...any of that stuff. But let me tell you...today I DID and it was so much fun!

Over the weekend Rob and I got away to Chicago to visit some dear friends. Ted is a pastor, and he was being installed at his new church (they just moved up there from Texas). In the Lutheran church Missouri Synod, being installed is a big deal. Pastors from all over the area, and personal pastor friends come for the occasion. All the church's musical groups played, and during the service all of the pastors gather around the pastor being installed and give their blessings, laying their hands on his head, one at a time. It's really something. We were so blessed to be a part of it.

I hadn't seen their family in about 5 years. We got to know them when Ted and Jacquie lived here, and he was a pastor at our church. It was the first time that I realized pastors are just people!! We have missed them so much, and it's so great they are now only about 4.5 hours away from us, rather than 24 hours!

Anyway, my friend Jacquie is one of those people who is just so classy...in her looks, her actions, her words...everything. Jacquie's friend Laura was there too, and she's just the same way. After being around the two of them, who always look so put together and nice, I knew it was time to do a little updating. Laura is a buyer for JC Penney, and she suggested that I shop there. I never think to shop there, as it's across town from me.

So here's what I found...

Worthington "Marie" boot - orig. $80.00, marked down to $23.99!

















Shucks...I can't find pictures of the other two pairs! They are both brown: one pair is casual...good with nice slacks, and the other pair is like a funky brown tennis shoe.

I'm going to have to learn to walk in heels again...those boots are not the most comfortable things in the world, but I don't care!! LOL

Now I better put my feet up and relax for a while...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

these boots are made for walking, that's just what they'll do.....
Great Buy!

Dawn's Daily Dish said...

Nice boots! I would fall flat on my face. I can't wear heals. LOL

Anonymous said...

oooooo you are going to be stylin'!

i like em'!