Sunday, January 07, 2007

Princess purses

I just bought the most stinkin' cute purse ever! Wanna see?

The cute side:


The quirky side:



Want one? Go to www.paperprincess.com

We made it to church today and to breakfast afterward. It was there that I made a complete fool of myself. We've been going to this little place almost weekly for about 5-6 years now. We got to know the owners, who are just the nicest couple. They have two grown children, a daughter who lives in town and a son in the military. Mrs. Owner talks about them all the time and I feel like I know them.

Anyway, today she tells me that her daughter got a ring for Christmas. I was excited for her and Mrs. Owner says, "Well, she's over there finishing breakfast...I'll send her over when she's done". I say, "Oh, good. I don't think I've ever met her.". Mrs. Owner gives me a strange look and so does Rob. I insist that I haven't met her.

A gal walks up to the table and starts chatting. She's a waitress at the restaurant so I think nothing of it. As she is talking, I notice an engagement ring. It dawns on me. The waitress IS the daughter!!! So I say, "You are so and so?" and she's like "uh...yeah....". I felt like SUCH an idiot! After all these years, I never put two and two together. Ah well...at least I'm consistent. I saw this same girls while out shopping yesterday and didn't know where I knew her from. Sheesh!

Please tell me this has happened to you too! At least 10 or 12 times??? Please??

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the purse, Mish! do you like it as a purse? I still haven't quite figured out if the size would work for me.

And I have done that same thing a few times. I sat down at a church social a couple of weeks ago, and proceeded to introduce myself to the ladies at the table. They all laughed at me, because they all knew me, and I had been introduced to each of them at least 4 or 5 times before. One of them emails me twice a month with newsletter updates, and I still had to ask her for her name. Yeah. You're not the only one!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

You are definitely NOT the only one! And my husband is worse about it than I am. He used to teach our Sunday School class, about 65 people in the class. He couldn't remember anyone's name. He taught for 2 years and still had to ask me who the people were after church.

I love the purse! So cute! I saw a similar bag at Bed, Bath & Beyond once upon a time. Not the small bags with the 4x6 openings, but the large photo opening. So cute!

Raji said...

Oh, that's a super cute purse:) I forget people's names all the times & it so embarrassing.

Melinda said...

I'm AWFUL with names- unless I have a specific reason I need to remember someone, their name goes in on ear and out the other. I could name every muscle and bone in the body before I can remember the names of half the people in our little church.

I was at Walmart in line and the lady behind me starts asking me about all of the kids, by name, and how they are doing etc. I still to this day have NO clue who she was. I gave non-committal answers and left as fast as I could. eek! All I can figure is that she knew from MOPs.

Anonymous said...

LOL it happens to everyone!! The purse is so stinkin cute!!!

Lainey said...

I love the purse but I don't see anything that looks like it at the Paper Princess. Could you have gotten it someplace else?

Thanks!