Saturday, October 28, 2006

Fall traditions

I read an email a few days ago by a gal I swap ATCs with who lives in Australia. She commented that it's strange to her that our culture is so driven by the change in seasons. It got me thinking...she's right! I get so antsy at the end of each season, ready for the next one. I can't imagine living somewhere without those expected changes. It gives me something to look forward to, otherwise I think I'd be crazy!

So here's a layout using my friend Audra's brand new kit, Urban Flowers, available at DigiScrapShak. Audra is a new designer, but her stuff certainly doesn't look like "new" material...be sure to check her out!

Fonts: Trebuchet MS (journaling), Adler (title)

Now just as I'm saying that I like the change of seasons, I'm not so thrilled about the weather right now. The girls had to miss out on our school's "Trick or Trunk" last night due to 43 degree rain...yuck! All wasn't lost, though. We took the girls to the Y for family night so Rob could see them in action, doing their gymnastics. I got in on the fun too, and tried out the trampoline and foam pit. Let's just say that being 34, overweight and having gone through childbirth...well, those things aren't conducive to gymnastic ability!!

Rob and I are hoping to go to Cedar Point tomorrow for the afternoon, since it's the last day of the season. Once again we are hoping for good weather.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a gorgeous layout! Arn't Audra's new kits just super yummie!

Dawn's Daily Dish said...

Hey Michelle! Love the layout! It gives me some ideas for some apple pics I took on Friday. How's it going over there? I did the scrappin of the paper kind this weekend and it was a lot of fun!