Thursday, October 12, 2006

Bad Blogger!

AACK! It's been 10 days since I've blogged!

~~Gettin' Healthy~~

So...lots of stuff has been going on. The most exciting thing is that WW is going really well, and I'm down a total of 9.4 pounds!!! Yipeeeee!!! That's just a month. Now, I know it won't go that fast next month but it's a great motivator to keep going.

I'm re-training myself about portion sizes, exercise, the whole bit. You know, things like...don't pick a chocolate chip scone for dessert while at your nearby coffee shop, as it's 14 points!!! (that's for you, Dawn and Jeanmarie, since you know WW) (600+ calories, 30g of fat...yikes!). I found this out the hard way last night. I was out having "alone time" after Bible Study at a new coffee shop that has FREE WIFI. I had already bought the darn thing and taken a bite before I looked up its nutrion info. AACK! But, I ate it anyway (that's what those extra weekly points are for, right?). The good thing is...I went to the Y afterwards and walked on the treadmill for 40 minutes. A little damage control...

On a healthy note, here are a couple of layouts I've done for the Healthy Chicks Challenge at The Digi Chick:


Credits: LO based on a sketch at Scrap-Maps; Papers by Robin Cabana, from her Colorfully Yours collection, available at SBB; Wooden Alpha by Jeannie Papai, available at Digital Freebies; Flower by Jen Wilson

Credits: Rusty Flowers by Jeannie Papai, available at Digital Freebies; Date Stamp by Gayle Richter; Font: ChinaCat; Based on a sketch at Scrap-Maps

I enjoyed scrapping these because 7x5 is a different size for me, and it's nice to have a change once in a while.

Just one more nutrition factoid: did you know that a half rack of
baby back ribs has 1110 calories, 60+ grams of fat and 11 grams of fiber? That's 26 WW points...the same amount I get for a whole DAY!!! I know this because we are going out to a rib place tomorrow night for my dad's birthday and I'm trying to be proactive. Hmmm...think I'll be ordering a chicken sandwich instead!

~~Gettin' Stressed~~

The holiday planning stress has started early this year. We are trying to get the extended family together the week after Christmas and let me tell you, it's not easy. Oh, the drama! I sooooo wish the holidays weren't like this. I love living near family most of the time, but sometimes it seems easier NOT to! Things are pretty easy with my parents and in-laws...it's the cousins that make it difficult. You know, people not wanting to drive a hour because it's too far and the kids get cranky. HELLOOOOO!!!!! It's Christmas, and kids gets cranky!!!! I could go on and on...but I will restrain myself. :-)

~~Gettin' Organized~~

After reading about the cool photo organizing program called
ACDSee, I just HAD to download it and try it out. I've kept my scrapping stuff fairly organized, but oh my, this just takes it to a WHOLE new level! I think I could spend more time organizing all my stuff than actually scrapping. Yikes!


Okay, I better sign off now. Gymnastics tomorrow for the girls, and I think I'll workout while they are in class. Happy weekend!





1 comment:

Meredith said...

Oh goodness! don't remind me! I have gained more weight than I should have lately. But with my activity restrictions, I haven't been able to exercise at all. I can't even walk to the mailbox (it's at the front of our complex!). so frustrating because I was just getting into an exercise rhythm and schedule. and those Twix bars and KitKats sure aren't helping the size of my thighs! My problem is that I am allergic to all the goods fruits and veggies, and I can't take much allergy medicine now. It'll come off after the baby is born.