Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Rectangle Tip: 2 Pagers



I just had to share my first layout I've complete from our trip to Disney World in early December. I set up a 17x11 canvas, laid everything out and flattened the image. Then I opened an 8.5x11 canvas and copied exactly half of the orignal over to the smaller canvas so I could print it on my home printer. I have found that this has really opened up more possibilities for design flexibility and I'm able to fit more photos in my 2-page spread.

More importantly, printing this way is CHEAP!! My Office Max here in Ohio only charges $2.09 to print a 17x11 layout on photo paper, so that is just over $1.00 per page for the 8.5x11! I haven't tried it yet, but I know this has to be cheaper than printing at home. I'll just cut my finished product in half when I finished.

If you've been avoiding 2-page layouts, give it a try!

1 comment:

Audimc said...

Great LO... I really need to get my pages done of Disneyworld too!! Hopefully by next year LOL.