Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day wrap up & new project

Father's Day

Happy day-after-Father's-Day! We had a great day yesterday. After church (where we got to sit together as a family...doesn't happen very often, between me singing on the praise team and Rob running the power point for the service) we had lunch at one of our favorite local eateries, Dave's. Then we took a trip up to Cabela's, which is about 30 minutes north of us. I figured it would be a great thing to do for Father's Day. Funny, about 5000 other people had the same idea! LOL It was great though. The girls were really into all the "killed animals" this time and loved the aquarium too. We had hoped to look at campers (yeah, we're nuts...actually considering buying one) but they don't carry them any more. Oh well. Still fun!



On the way back we stopped at this place called the Jerky Outlet, where they have every kind of jerky ever created, and you can sample everything along with flavored popcorn, cheese, and even flavored peanut butter! Rob grabbed a few bottles of locally made wine from St. Julian's Winery and then a yummy coffee drink from The Coffee Beanery...mmmm! We stopped at All American Coach but they were closed...bummer! It is rather amusing to climb up on the bumpers of these giant vehicles and try to peak in the windows. Here is the kind we are considering:


Best & Worst Project

I'm a big fan of Ali Edwards and her focus on pictures + words. My mom gave me the idea to ask the girls about the best and worst parts of theirs days when I was putting them to bed each night. I loved the idea and decided to keep a mini-book/journal for them. I'm doing one for me too. I think it's easier to journal when you have a prompt. The book is very simple:


Girls' pages:

I look forward to accumulating lots of pages for these books!

1 comment:

clc said...

Hope you find just the right camper! The "best and worst" journal is such a neat idea! Hope I get to meet you in Chicago for CHA!