Sunday, February 17, 2008

Crazy Week

Oy...I'm glad we are starting another week. I don't have the energy to actually write out everything that happened, so I'm making a list.

~ Mom took the girls for the day on Tuesday. I visited my knitting store and got some advice.

~ Worked at church on Wednesday. Sang at two Lenten services and went to Knit Night to meet some other knitters. Finished my hat but it didn't fit! Had to rip it all out and start again.


~ Played Power Panther on Thursday - very fun! Rob brought me flowers, a card and a new iPod for Valentine's Day. I couldn't give him his "gift" because I can't print right now at home. Sigh.

~ Friday was a long day. Rob had to work at the basketball tournament. During the day, Gretchen colored her headboard with crayons, painted herself and her porcelain with a body stamp thingie, and both of them snuck Valentine candy.

~ While playing in their bedroom, the girls managed to unlock and open a window, through dolls clothes out onto the roof and planned to climb out to get them. Luckily, Heidi told me before they ventured out. They spent the rest of the day in their room, after I removed all toys and stuffed animals. I stayed in my room so they couldn't pull anymore stunts. We canceled the babysitter and subsequent date night we had planned. That stunk.

~ Today we stayed home from church, as I have a cold and feel yucky and Gretchen kept telling me she was going to through up. They were good all afternoon, so we went roller skating tonight. Heidi seemed to have fun, but Gretchen reached her limit after an hour and started to melt down. One of the boys from their class (a wild, out of control little thing who is never supervised by his parents) decided to kiss Heidi on the cheek. She was really embarrassed. I wanted to clock that kid.



~ Our washing machine died today too, so I ended up washing a load by hand. Looks like I'm making a trip to the laundromat tomorrow.

~ No school tomorrow due to President's Day. Too bad, 'cause I love routine!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Sorry you've had such a rough weekend, Mish. Look at it this way- it can only get better, right?
All my kids did today was bicker, it seemed like. Just one more day and the long weekend will be over. I think we are definitely going to have to find something to do outside of the house tomorrow though.