Monday, November 27, 2006

Speed Bumps

I think I have finally recovered from Thanksgiving. It was really that stressful, but just busy. Thursday we hosted dinner here for Rob's family (7 adults, 2 kids...not bad). We got to cook the turkey, much to Rob's delight, since he loves to wake up to the smell of the baking bird in the morning. Yes, we cook the thing overnight...his family has always done it that way and thus, we do too. Everything came out great and tasted even better! I forgot to take pictures of the whole event though. Oh well.

Saturday was our second dinner at my parents' house. It was also good, although later I got to hear comparisons of "their food" vs. ''our food". Who cares? It's all good in my book.

I mention speed bumps because that was the theme of the sermon at church yesterday, which is something I'm going to remember all through the Advent season. Things get so busy this time of year, and going to church is a sort of "speed bump" to slow us down and help us to reflect on the season's true meaning. It may sound cliche, but I do think it is necessary. Especially after I venture into a store and come out feeling comatose. Do they pump something into the air to make you completely veg out while you are in the store??

We got our tree up last night, and will decorate it tonight. I highly recommend an artificial, pre-lit tree. Up and beautiful in 30 minutes or less! I have my card designed too, and the photo taken...now I just have to put the two together and we'll be in business. I'm going to try WinkFlash this year and see how it goes, on the recommendation of about 100 of my closest digiscrapping buddies. LOL

I'll post pics when I get motivated enough to unhook my computer from my new kick butt setup and hook in into my printer so I can download them. And maybe one of these days I'll make a layout...

No comments: