Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Quote of the day

You never know what you might hear two six year olds discussing...

(overheard from the next room)

"When John McCain is president, Barack Obama can be his helper."

"Yes, Barack Obama can clean John McCain's potty!"


Oh my. I don't really see that happening, do you? Should I email this in to the McCain campaign? My kids can become the next "Joe the Plumber" (who is from my city, BTW).

Rob and I discuss politics some, but I try not to be negative about either candidate in front of the kids. After all, one of those men is going to be our next president and we need to respect him and pray for him. Anyone who wants that job is a special kind of person.

For some reason Heidi decided that she wants John McCain to be president. When I asked her why, she said that his name sounds like a president's name, and he looks like a president. Okay, that's fair. How many of our presidents have had the first name John? LOL

So, on election day, the girls will go with me to vote, as they always have, we'll vote for McCain and see what happens. No matter what, our country is going to be okay. God is in control.

2 comments:

clc said...

Your girls are so funny and cute! Love the hats you made them too.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

God is definitely in control. I need to remember that while this whole election is going on. Plus, Jay and I decided that if the whole country goes to you-know-where, we can always just move onto his parents' farm and grow all our own food. That's really all we need anyways, right? A roof over our heads and food on the table...and that's more than most people have, ever.
Little kids are soo funny :)
-Lynn