Monday, July 07, 2008

Trying a different style

I'm an avid fan of Ali Edwards' work, and love her simplistic style. She has these cool new journaling frames out at Designer Digitals, but since I'm on a pretty strict budget right now (that wampa party bus is sucking all the extra fundage right out of our house!!), I thought I'd try my hand at making my own. Here's what I came up with:



Credits:
Date dots by Amber Clegg
Fonts: DJB Kelli (journaling), Facelift (title)

We had fun yesterday. After church, where we played/sang a rockin' rendition of Let It Rise (LOVE that electric guitar in there...woohoo!), we had lunch at a cute little local diner near our house called the Mayberry Diner. I highly recommend it to all my Toledo friends...great food, and reasonably priced. Later in the afternoon we decided to go on a spontaneous picnic in the camper. We picked up Rob's parents and my grandma (ages 87, 86 and 91!) and headed out to Secor Metropark. Grandma didn't know we had the camper so she was shocked when we picked her up. It was cute, listening to all of them chat like they were sitting in someone's living room.

Today Rob is in Valpo for LBAA meetings, so it's a girls day. After we watch The Return of the Jedi for the 68th time, we are going to go swimming. Hope it doesn't rain!

2 comments:

Life In HD said...

Wow!!! I wish I could hear that version of Let It Rise...

Robin said...

I love your Ali-esque frames! :) I know some people who were just talking about making their own versions too.