Friday, November 30, 2007

Little Rascals

Yup, that's what the girls are today...to put it lightly. It's not surprising, since they have the power of two! LOL

This morning I got so much done while the girls were in school...just a bunch of errands before we leave on our big trip on Sunday. I always feel so good when I have mornings like this. I feel so productive.

When we got home, I was making lunch and I noticed it was too quiet (always a scary thing!). Heidi was nearby but Gretchen was nowhere to be found, so I started calling for her. No response. I started searching the house, with Heidi by my side being the mini mommy, and we couldn't find her. I finally found her in the basement, hiding underneath the desk, behind a chair, with a box of cereal, munching away. She got a time out, not for eating cereal, but for hiding from me and sneaking around. Sigh. Age appropriate behavior, I guess...

So after lunch I was chatting with a friend on the phone, and once again it was quiet. This time both girls were missing. Heidi came downstairs asking for a cookie, but she had this strange little smile on her face, like she was up to something. I hung up a couple of minutes later and went to investigate. They had swiped a little pack of lemonade mix from the kitchen counter, took it upstairs and made themselves some lemonade in their little tea set in the play room. Most of the lemonade was spilled all over the carpeting. Arrgh!! I made them clean it up with towels and "sentenced" them to quiet time in their bedroom. It doesn't sound too quite right now. I'm not quite sure what to do with them...maybe make them scrub my kitchen floor? LOL Then I'll hear about how I'm the evil stepmother and they are Cinderella!

I think we have everything ready to go for the trip. I still have a lot of laundry to do, but that is always the case! ha ha I'm just hoping we have good weather Sunday morning when we get out of here. Last I heard it might be sleeting/snowing, and that is never good for flying.

Well, gotta get back to my preparations. Next time I post I hope to have lots of photos!

2 comments:

Robin said...

What little trouble makers! Too funny Mish! :) I hope you have a great trip!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hej bub!
Your blog is getting neglected again. :) Where are pages from the Disney trip?! Just teasing you. There are probably so many pics and events from that trip that you don't know where to start, eh? Later...